The new Raspberry Pi 4 is amazing. You can read our Raspberry Pi 4 review and also read about how the Raspberry Pi 4 is amazing for digital signage. We started supporting the Raspberry Pi 4 within a week after it was announced with our Beta SD card software image. Every week we take a step closer to fully supporting the RPi4 for existing and new features of Yodeck. On this page you will find the status of this ongoing support effort.
Some existing features of Yodeck are not yet supported on the Raspberry Pi 4. Here is what does not yet work:
- HDMI-CEC not available (Power Status of the connected TV will not be available)
- HDMI connected status not available
- Video Subtitles will not be displayed on the screen
The below new features of Yodeck will be made available as soon as possible.:
- 4K resolution (for non-Video content) – currently the default resolution is 1080p
- 4K Video playback
- Dual Screen – only the HDMI output 0 can be used right now, so make sure you connect your HDMI cable to output 0, shown in the following photo:
Keep in mind that the SD card image will work fine with previous RPi models with all existing features and without the new features mentioned above.
If you notice any issues please let us know! Stay tuned for upcoming updates!