Easily use the WiFi wizard in Yodeck digital signage to connect your Yodeck player to your wireless network.
First things first
The first thing you have to do is type the relative WiFi credentials from the network you want to pair the Yodeck player.
- Click the player’s name and go to the Network tab.
- Toggle to ON the “Enable WiFi” option and type the credentials in the corresponding fields.
- After done typing, click the “Save” button located at the end of the form.
💡If you use a simple network (SSID/Password) as a WiFi mode, please use the WPA/WPA2 option.
Step by step procedure
- Plug in a keyboard on any of the player’s 4 USB ports and hit Ctrl+Alt+F12 simultaneously.
- 💡Any USB port will work.
- Wait for 3-6 seconds, and a new screen will appear.
- A login name is required. Type the word “user” and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
What password do I need to type now?
- Click the player’s name and go to the Monitor’s Advanced Settings->Security tab.
- Find the password in the Remote Support Password field. It will be a 6-digit password.
- Type that password by using the keyboard and press the Enter key.
- 💡Respect capital letters as well. The password is case-sensitive.
In the Security tab, you can find the Remote Support password in your player’s advanced settings. If the password is in this form “$6$3Q$gCw8FZAyVg….“, the password is hashed for security reasons. Do not copy-paste this text. You have to type the not hashed password you have set in the past.
Using the WiFi Wizard
Once you have successfully connected to your player with the credentials provided above, you will see the screen below.
Select the “Configure WiFi” option and press the Enter key on the keyboard. There are three other options on this screen such as “Edit SETTINGS.TXT“, “Reboot the player“, and also “Shutdown the player“.
- Select the “Configure WiFi“, option and the player will start scanning for the available WiFi networks.
- Choose the WiFi network of your choice and press the Enter key.
- 💡You can also configure an Enterprise WiFi network (EAP) as well.
- Type the WiFi password and press the Enter key.
- The password is case-sensitive.
- The player will attempt to connect to that Wireless network.
- 💡If the WiFi credentials are correct, the player should connect without any issues.
- By clicking the “Yes” option, the player will Save the WiFi settings and will start applying the new configuration.
- 💡You will notice a blinking message ” Configuring“. Do not reboot the player at this state. The player is applying the new configuration.
The Yodeck Support Team can help you out! Reach out!