Table of Contents
With the Sub-Playlist feature, you have the option to add playlists within your main Classic playlist.
In that way, each monitor will display, for example, the main playlist, which probably has media for all monitors, but each monitor can have its own Sub-Playlist.
- Monitor 1 will play the Main Playlist and play the Sub-Playlist, which will have Media for Monitor 1 only.
- Monitor 2 will play the Main Playlist and play the Sub-Playlist, which will have Media for Monitor 2 only.
- Monitor 3 will play the Main Playlist and play the Sub-Playlist, which will have Media for Monitor 3 only.
Adding a Sub-Playlist
To add a Sub-playlist, you click on the orange ”Add Playlist” button found at the bottom of the Playlist list.
As a next step, select “Classic” in the pop-up window and click “Add“.
You are requested to provide:
- the Name of the Playlist and
- an optional Description for it
After filling in the above information, you will see an extra tab called “Playlists” in the Media Selection area.
You can find all the available* Playlists in your account.
*Note: If your user has the permission to view playlists (Workspaces Feature)
Just click the arrow inside the Playlist’s icon and place them inside the filmstrip or drag and drop it using your mouse.
After you finish editing the Sub-playlist, click the ”Save” button.
Max Items/Max Time
You can if you want, create a Sub-playlist and configure “Max items” and/or “Max time” by clicking the “Options” button.
Then, each time the main playlist will enter the Sub-playlist, it will follow your configuration. For example, based on the configuration in the image above, only one media file will get shown from the Sub-playlist on each loop of the main playlist.