With the Sub-Playlist feature, you have the option to add playlists within your Main playlist.
In that way, each monitor will display, for example, the Main playlist, which probably has media for all monitors, but each monitor will have its own Sub-playlist.
- Monitor 1 will play the Main Playlist and play the Sub-Playlist, which will have Media for Monitor 1 only.
- Monitor 2 will play the Main Playlist and play the Sub-Playlist, which will have Media for Monitor 2 only.
- Monitor 3 will play the Main Playlist and play the Sub-Playlist, which will have Media for Monitor 3 only.
Adding a Sub-Playlist
To add a sub-playlist, you click on the green ” + Add Playlist ” button found at the bottom of the Playlist list.
As a next step, you are requested to provide:
- the Name of the Playlist and
- an optional Description for it
After filling in the above information, you will see an extra tab called “Playlists” in the Media Selection area”.
You can find all the available* Playlists in your account.
*Note: If your user has the permissions to view playlists – Workspaces Feature)
Just click the white arrow inside the Playlist’s icon and place them inside the filmstrip.
After you finish editing the Sub-playlist, click the ” Save ” button.
Max Items/Max Time
You could, for example, create a sub -playlist with those 30-second announcements and configure “Max items” to “1”. Then, each time the main playlist will enter the sub -playlist, it will play only one of those announcements, and then it will continue with the rest media in the main playlist.