Tableau Software is an interactive data visualization software company focused on business intelligence. It aims to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence capabilities with an interface simple enough for end-users to create their own reports and dashboards. In this guide, you will quickly learn how to create a Tableau widget under your Yodeck account.
Creating a Tableau widget
Click on the Tableau widget within your widget gallery to add it, or click this link to quickly create a new one and fill in the widget details as follows:
- A Name is required for the widget and an optional Description for it.
- Type your Tableau email address and password to log in to your Tableau account.
- Choose the Refresh Interval of your graph (default rate is 180 seconds).
- In the Enter URL field, paste the URL of the desired graph from your Tableau account.
- In the Fallback Image field, choose to have an image if the player goes offline for some reason.
- Set the Default Duration that the widget will appear in a playlist.
- You can set the Play From/Play Until parameters. In other words, you can select the expiration date, which means that you can choose the exact date and time that this widget will play in your playlist. We recommend selecting the “Always” and “Forever” settings for the widget to never expire.
- Click “Save,” and your widget is ready to use. Assing it to your player and the player will display the relative graph.
Tableau’s Final result
This is how your graph will display on your TV screen. Of course, you can check the below video for more details.