Table of Contents
By locking down the player, the below options will be disabled on your player’s settings:
- Disabling SSH and firewall TCP Port 22
- Disabling the VPN support connection option
- Disabling the firewall reconfiguration option
- Disabling CHANGING the Customization Script
- Disabling CHANGING the Custom Power Script
- Disabling remotely CHANGING all player’s SSH support passwords
How to unlock the Player
When deactivating this feature, a deactivation file is produced for each device affected and emailed to the Account Admins only. The deactivation file must be written on a USB flash drive. While the player is off, you need to plug in the USB flash drive with the deactivation file on the player’s USB ports, then start the boot-up sequence for the lockdown setting to be deactivated. Reflashing the device will not do anything.
The deactivation file will be in this format (unlock_Player’s-ID_ Screen-ID ) to know which file to use on which player.
- Player’s-ID= 12345
- Screen-ID= abc1234
The unlock file that will be produced upon disabling the Lock-Down feature on that player will be named:
- unlock_12345_ abc1234
The Yodeck Support Team can help you out! Reach out!