Table of Contents
In this section, you can manage the monitors you created. You can create as many monitors in the Yodeck Portal as your subscription allows. You can even manage unregistered monitors (i.e., not paired with an actual player), but the content cannot be pushed to an actual screen and displayed.
On the initial screen, you can see a list of the monitors created in your Yodeck account. Monitor information is organized in the following columns:
- the Name of the monitor
- the ID of the monitor
- the Scheduled Content pushed to the monitor
- the Default Content that will be displayed when there is no active schedule
- the Status of the monitor and also the status of the player’s content
- Up to date: The player is displaying the latest pushed updated content.
- Downloading: The player is downloading the required content.
- Unknown: The player is in an Unknown state, including the unregistered players.
- Pending Media: The player will download media in the future. This state is displayed when you have enabled the Restricted Download Hours option on your player(s).
- Possibly Outdated: The player is offline and hasn’t reported receiving the latest content.
- Not Updated: The player displays previous content for several reasons, like local network restrictions, offline for a long time, etc.
- an Actions column with 4 buttons for making changes
Change the details of a Player by clicking the “Edit” button. Check out the “Adding a Monitor” section below for field details.
Create a copy of the player with the same configurations.
You can move Players to different Workspaces. Choose the Workspace of your choice and click Move (for accounts in the Enterprise plan).
Delete a single Player.
You can export a report of the registered Players under your account.
Adding a Monitor
When you click ”Add Monitor,” you can choose between many Yodeck Players.
Select the player of your choice and click “Add.” Next, you will need to configure some settings for the new player:
- A Name for your monitor
- A field to Register your player
- In the ”Scheduled Content” field, choose a schedule.
- In the ”Default Content” field, choose the content you want your player to show by default.
- Click “Save” at the bottom left corner to create the monitor.
The page also contains some additional useful information about your monitor:
- A Screenshot of what the player is displaying. The Screenshots are refreshed every 30 seconds when you are on the Monitor Details page. For other Monitors, or if you log out from your Yodeck account, the screenshots are refreshed every two hours.
- Last screenshot: indicates the last screenshot the player reported to your account.
- Last seen online: indicates the last time the player was online in your Yodeck account.
- Player State: indicates the state of the player’s content on your screens.
- Workspace Name: the workspace that the player belongs
- Push again to this Monitor: Push changes to this monitor only.
- Turn monitor ON: Turn ON your TV screen via a CEC command.
- Turn monitor OFF: Turn OFF your TV screen via a CEC command.
- Reboot Player: Reboots the player
- Shutdown: Shut down the player.
- ⚠️Bear in mind that if you perform that action, to bring the player online again, you have to physically power on the player by unplugging and plugging in the power cord.
Also, there are some extra Tabs that you can see on the right, and they are 8. Click on each one of them for further information.