Table of Contents
Power BI is a business analytics service by Microsoft. It aims to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence capabilities with an interface simple enough for end-users to create reports and dashboards. It is part of the Microsoft Power Platform. In this guide, you will quickly learn how to create a Power Bi app under your Yodeck account.
Creating a Power Bi app
- Click on the Power Bi app within your app gallery to add it, or click this link to quickly create a new one and fill in the app details as follows:
- A Name is required for the app and an optional Description for it.
- Click the “Login with Microsoft” and authenticate to log in to your PowerBi account.
- In the Enter URL field, paste the URL of the desired graph from your PowerBi account.
- 💡Don’t know which URL you need to type? Check the “Which URL do I need to paste?” section below.
- Choose the Refresh Interval of your graph (the default rate is 30 minutes).
- Choose to display or not the report’s page at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “Save,” and your app is ready to use.
💡Applicable only for Raspberry Pi
Enabling this option, the Raspberry Pi will take, in the background, a screenshot of the PowerBI report/dashboard every X minutes (based on the refresh rate). When the playback time of the App comes, it will display the screenshot. In the case of heavy dashboards, it is recommended to ensure that the data have been loaded and rendered before they are displayed.
By enabling this option, you can set media Availability. In other words, you can select a future and an expiration date, which means you can pick the exact date and time this media will be available to play on your screens.
For the “Advanced Media Scheduling” feature, please click here for more details.
Power Bi’s Final result
Which URL do I need to paste?
Login to your Power Bi account, go to the Dashboard or the Report you like to display and copy the link directly from the address bar. Paste that link to the aforementioned “Enter URL” field.
If you have a dashboard with multiple reports and you want to display all of them, one after the other, then copy the dashboard’s URL. Otherwise, copy the URL of a specific report of yours.
The Yodeck Support Team can help you out! Reach out!