Display a news feed from any RSS URL by simply copying and pasting the feed link. You can customize the font color and font size.
Creating a Custom RSS widget
Click on the Custom RSS widget within your widget gallery to add it, or click this link to quickly create a new one and fill in the widget details as follows:
- A Name is required for the widget and an optional Description for it.
- Paste the URL of the RSS feed that you want to display.
- Optionally, add a default image to be displayed by pasting the URL of that image, when there is no image on the feed.
- Choose how many posts you want to display.
- Configure the slide duration of each post (minimum is 5 seconds).
- Optionally, enable the toggle to display the image of the post. Disabling it will display only the text of the post.
- Choose the refresh rate of the RSS widget. This sets the time interval that will be used by the widget in order to update the posts from the feed.
- Select the Font Size, the Font Color and the Background Color of your RSS widget.
- Set the Default Duration that the widget will appear in a playlist.
- You can set the Play From/Play Until parameters. In other words, you can select the expiration date, which means that you can choose the exact date and time that this widget will play in your playlist. We recommend selecting the “Always” and “Forever” settings for the widget to never expire.
- Click Save and your widget is ready to use.
The Yodeck Support Team can help you out! Reach out!