Table of Contents
You can build a really affordable and impressive video wall setup using Yodeck Players.
You need to configure each of your screens manually. To do that for simple matrix-like video walls, like 1×3, 2×2, or 3×3, is really easy.
Steps in Yodeck
Here are the steps you need to follow to configure a Video-Wall in Yodeck.
Create 1 Video entry for each screen
- Go to the “Videos” section and click the “Add Video” button.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the “Video” option.
- Type in a Name, e.g., “TV 1 Top Left”.
- Activate the “Crop Video” toggle.
- Fill out the cropping required for each screen to only display the necessary part of the video. Initially, you can leave all 4 fields at 0% to test it out.
- Click “Save.“
- Repeat this Video creation process for each screen in your video wall.
Create 1 Playlist for each screen.
- Go to the “Playlists” section, click “Add Playlist,” and choose the “Classic” one.
- Type in a Name, e.g., “TV 1 Top Left”
- Add the “TV 1 Top Left” video inside the playlist
- Enable the Syncing Feature
- Click “Save”
- Repeat this Playlist creation process for each screen in your Video-Wall
Assign the Playlists to each Monitor as the Default Content and click the “Push to players” button.
💡Make sure you remove any scheduling temporarily just to test it out. Later on, you can do scheduling if you want to.
Matrix Setups (NxN)
Simple setups for matrix Video-Walls (2×2, 3×3) are easy in Yodeck, especially if you do not consider the bezel compensation.
For example, for a 2×2 Video-Wall, you need to specify:
- Top-Left feed cropping: Top: 0%, Bottom: 50%, Left: 0%, Right: 50%
- Top-Right feed cropping: Top: 0%, Bottom: 50%, Left: 50%, Right: 0%
- Bottom-Left feed cropping: Top: 50%, Bottom: 0%, Left: 0%, Right: 50%
- Bottom-Right feed cropping: Top: 50%, Bottom: 0%, Left: 50%, Right: 0%
Here is a diagram for a 2×2 video wall:
Here is the same for a 3×3 Video-Wall:
Tiled Setups (NxM)
By “tiled,” we mean matrix setups that are not NxN, e.g., a 3×1 “ribbon-like” setup:
Percentages are calculated in the same way as if the Video-Wall was an NxN setup, including the missing screens. You need to place your content in the Layout editor’s right area since the rest will not be shown.