The Yodeck Portal allows you to manage your content and Players. On the left side of the Yodeck Portal, the main menu provides all the navigation you need during your day-to-day usage of Yodeck.
This main menu includes the following sections:
- Media – upload your Media files to be used by the Players.
- Widgets – use Widgets, which are small applications designed to show information, like RSS tickers, clocks, text-based content, and more
- Playlists – set up a Playlist, which is made up of sequences of Media and Widgets that are shown one after the other
- Layouts – create layouts, arranging Playlists, Media, or Widgets on a virtual screen.
- Schedules – create a date/time-based Schedule to set which Layout, Media, or Playlist should be displayed.
- Monitors – setup your Players and assign them Default Content to use and, optionally, a Schedule for time-based content overrides
These are the sections you will be used to manage your content and your Players.
In the Portal’s middle area, you see the respective parts of the Yodeck Portal when you click on them. These include Media, Playlists, other content files you have created, and other configuration forms that you may use throughout the Yodeck Portal.
In the top-right corner, there is a drop-down configuration menu. This contains all the stuff that you rarely access:
- My User Profile – settings that have to do with you, as a User of your Yodeck Account (your own timezone, name, email, etc.)
- Account Settings
- Get Yodeck Playbox
- Activity Log (Enterprise plan Only)
Upload Progress & Help Icons
Right next to the Settings Menu, you will see two icons.
- This icon provides you with a progress indicator for Media uploads (an encoding, if applicable)
- This Help icon provides you with a menu for accessing help options. It is located on the bottom right side of your screen.
Check Help Icons for more insight.
Pushing Changes to Monitors
It is essential to note that every time you make changes to any items within your Yodeck account, you have to click on the red flashing “Push to Players” button on the Portal’s left side above the Main Menu these changes to take place in the affected players. Check Pushing Changes to Monitors for more information.