Yodeck supports many popular audio format types. The Audio formats that the player is supporting right now are the following ones:
Adding an Audio Asset
To add a single Audio file, you click on the ”Add Audio” button found at the bottom of the Audio list. You then need to select the type of audio source. You can choose from:
- Audio File – Upload audio files from your device. Use [Ctrl] or [Shift] to select multiple files or use the Import from URL option and enter a link to an audio file. The file will be copied to your account.
- YouTube – Use a standard YouTube video link. Players download only the audio track directly from YouTube and save it in their storage for offline use.
- Vimeo – Use a standard Vimeo video link. Players download only the audio track directly from Vimeo and save it in their storage for offline use or select the Vimeo Live Stream and paste a a Vimeo LIVE streaming link.
- Stream – Use an online audio streaming link or other custom source, like an RTP or HLS stream.
After you provide the Audio source, you also need to provide:
- the Name of the audio
- an optional Description
- add Tags to the uploaded audio
- in the Advanced Features, you can set the Play From /Play Until parameters. In other words, you can set the expiration date, which means that you can choose the exact date and time that this audio will display in your playlist or layout, or you can set the “Always” and “Forever” setting, and the audio will never expire.
- click Save to finally upload the audio
Adding an Audio with the Drag and Drop option
You have the option to add a Media by dragging the specific file or files from your PC directly to your Audio Library, therefore skipping a few steps and saving you some extra time.
The Drag and Drop option is also available in the Folder View.
Managing Audio Assets
In the Audio section, you can see a list of the Audio assets currently uploaded into your Yodeck account. Information about your audio files is organized in the following columns:
- the Name of the audio along with a Preview (thumbnail)
- the Timestamp (date and time) that the audio was modified for the last time
- the Workspace (for accounts in the Enterprise plan) that the audio belongs
- the Tags (for accounts in the Pro and Enterprise plan) that are applied to the audio
- the Actions column
If you click on the three dots icon in the Actions column, you will be presented with a list of actions that you can apply to your uploaded audio files.
Click on each tab below to see a short description.
Change the details of the audio by clicking the ”Edit” button.
Here, you can also substitute the actual audio, and it will be changed wherever used.
Check out the “Adding an Audio” section above for details on the fields.
Create an exact copy of the audio file with a new name.
You can move audio files to folders and/or other Workspaces (for accounts in the Enterprise plan).
Delete the audio file.
Additional Control Settings
At the top-left corner, you can use the Search box to quickly sort out your audio listing. You can search using any of the four columns which means by name, date, workspace, and tag.
You can select one or more audio by clicking the square box left to their thumbnail. You can then click the Actions button at the bottom to Edit, Move, Delete all the selected documents at once.
At the top-right corner, you can click on the “+Add Folder” button in order to create a folder that can be used to group audio files (the folder will be global among Images, Videos, Audio, Documents, Web Pages, and Widgets).
You can also change the listing and refresh the view.