Table of Contents
You can create and manage playlists by combining available media files and apps in your Yodeck portal.
Quick How-to Video
Adding a Playlist
To add a playlist, click the orange ”Add Playlist” button at the bottom of the Playlist list. As a next step, you must select the type of playlist you want to create. You can select among the:
- Classic – Create a Classic Playlist. After clicking “Add”, you can select the Media you want to add to the Playlist.
- Tag-based – Create a dynamic Playlist by using Media Tags. The Playlist will update dynamically whenever you assign or remove Tags from your Media.
- Dropbox – Link a folder in your Dropbox to a Playlist. You can then manage your content (Video, Images, and Documents) through your Dropbox account.
- OneDrive – Link a folder in your Personal OneDrive application folder to a Playlist. You can then manage your content (Video, Images, and Documents) through your Personal OneDrive account.
- Import CSV – Create a Playlist by importing a text file. Each line should contain the name of the Media item to be added, optionally followed by a comma and the playlist duration for that Media.
As a next step, you are requested to provide the following:
- the Name of the Playlist and
- an optional Description for it
There are various settings available that you can enable. They are separated between Transition Options and Playback Options. Click the corresponding tab below to learn more information.
Transition and Playback options
1. Add a black gap between videos
The transition between the two videos right now is gapless. The last video frame will display the screen with gapless transitions between back-to-back videos.
If you want a 0.5s black gap between the videos, enable the above option on your playlist.
2. Image Transitions
You can pick more than 23 different Transition Types and, of course, control the Transition Speed.
- Slow: 3-second transition
- Medium: 2-second transition
- Fast: 1-second transition
- Custom: Configure how long the transition will occur from one image to another.
1. Sync Playback
- Players under the same account can be synced and display the content on the TV screen synced and almost frame by frame.
2. Random Playback
- Choose to enable the ”Random Playback” option. This option will randomize the media on your playlist, and the player will display these media on the TV screen in random order.
3. Keep Web Pages Open
- Choose to enable the ”Keep Web Pages open” option. This option will be displayed in your Playlist settings if you have at least one Web page entry on your Playlist’s filmstrip.
Adding Media to a Playlist
You can see an empty filmstrip where you will add your media files:
Below the filmstrip, you’ll find your account’s library with all available media files. You can see them all or locate them under their respective category (Images, Videos, Web Pages, Apps, Audio Assets, Documents, and Playlists). Also,
- You can use the Search button to find your media file.
- You can click on the Preview (Magnifying Glass icon) or the Arrow to place it on the playlist by pointing to any media file in the library. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the item into the filmstrip directly.
- You can change the media files’ position by dragging and dropping them in your desired order.
- All media inserted into the playlist inherit their default duration except Videos with a fixed display time (the duration of the video itself), which cannot be changed.
- You can use the -/+ icons to decrease/increase the duration.
- You can also check the total duration of your playlist. This info is located on the right side of the filmstrip:
Which media are calculated? The media that are calculated are:
- Videos (YouTube videos are excluded)
Clicking” Save” will create the Playlist.
Creating/Editing Playlists with a large number of media files
If your playlists contain numerous media files, you can activate the Folder View for your convenience.
How do I preview the playlist’s content?
This feature is currently in the beta stage and will soon have the full functionalities of a Yodeck Player. In other words, you will be able to see exactly what is being shown on your TV screen; in the same way you would view that content if you had a Yodeck Player connected to your screen.
With a simple click, you can see how your playlist will display on the TV screen without needing a Yodeck player or any hardware.
You only have to fill the playlist with the media of your choice and then click the Preview button at the top left corner.
A new window will appear and start displaying the playlist.
You can see a list of the playlists currently created in your Yodeck account in the Playlists section. Information about your playlists is organized in the following columns:
- the Name of the playlist
- the Description of it (if any)
- the Timestamp (date and time) that the playlist was modified for the last time
- icons of the Media Type that are included in the playlist
- the Workspace (for accounts in the Enterprise plan) that the image belongs
- the Actions column
If you click on the three dots icon in the Actions column, you will be presented with a list of actions you can apply to your playlists.
Click on each tab below to see a short description.
Change the details of a playlist by clicking the” Edit” button.
Check out the “Adding a Playlist” section above for more details.
Create an exact copy of the playlist with a new name.
You can move playlists to other Workspaces (for accounts in the Enterprise plan).
Delete the playlist.
Additional Control Settings
You can use the Search box to sort out your playlist listing quickly in the top-left corner. Search using any columns by name, date, workspace, etc.
You can select more playlists by clicking the square box left to their thumbnail. Click the Actions button at the bottom to Move or Delete all the selected playlists at once.