Yodeck works on all versions of the Raspberry Pi, from the very first release back in 2012, until the very latest. Each hardware version has its own restrictions. Here, we provide a detailed matrix to show features and compatibility.
For new deployments, we recommend using the latest version, the Raspberry Pi 4, with at least 2GB of RAM. This will ensure that you have all features supported by your hardware, even if you currently do not use some.
|Model||Memory||CPU cores||Max Resolution||Ethernet||WiFi||Recommendation*|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (8GB)||8GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (4GB)||4GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (2GB)||2GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1GB)||1GB||4||2160p (4K)||Recommended(1)|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+||1GB||4||1080p||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Model B||1GB||4||1080p||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Module||1GB||4||1080p||(I/O pins)||-||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Module Lite||1GB||4||1080p||(I/O pins)||-||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi 2 Model B||1GB||4||1080p||-||Fully Supported|
|Raspberry Pi Zero W||512MB||1||1080p||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Zero||512MB||1||1080p||-||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Compute Module||512MB||1||1080p||(I/O pins)||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model B+||512MB||1||1080p||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model A+||512MB||1||1080p||-||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model B, Rev 2||512MB||1||1080p||-||Single Playlist only|
|Raspberry Pi Model B||256MB||1||1080p||-||Not recommended|
|Raspberry Pi Model A||256MB||1||1080p||-||-||Not recommended|
* Yodeck Recommendations:
- Recommended: These are the models we recommend for all new deployments. They support 4K and are the most future-proof option.
- Recommended(1): This model is recommended for all new deployments for full-screen content only. They support 4K and are future-proof. In special cases, where complex Layouts are required (multiple Widgets and Playlists on screen), or heavy Web Pages with data dashboards are displayed, we recommend using the 2GB, 4GB or 8GB versions accordingly. Keep in mind that 1GB and 2GB versions of the Raspberry Pi 4 have the exact same price.
- Fully Supported: These models are fully supported and we will continue to provide support for them in the future. Keep in mind that these units cannot playback 4K content. In special cases, where complex Layouts are required (multiple Widgets and Playlists on screen), or heavy Web Pages with data dashboards are displayed, we recommend using the 2GB, 4GB or 8GB versions accordingly.
- Single Playlist only: These models are slow but work fine. You should only use them for a single full-screen Playlist, perhaps safely adding a single ticker. We recommend against these for new installations.
- Not recommended: These 256MB units will work but will be sluggish and will fail at some point. Use these only for testing and not for production deployments.
Raspberry Pi 4 -2GB
All 2GB Raspberry Pi 4 units come for free with our Annual Plans.