In the "Documents" section you can upload and manage any Document files that you want to play on your Players.
Managing Document Files
In the "All Documents" section, you can see a list of the PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files currently uploaded into your Yodeck account. Information about your document files is organized in the following columns:
- the Name of the file
- the Timestamp (date and time) that the PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint file was uploaded
- a Preview (thumbnail) of the document file.
- an Actions column, with 3 buttons for making changes
In this list, you can:
|Preview||Preview the Document by clicking on the thumbnail in the "Preview" column.|
Change the details of a Document by clicking the "Edit" button.
|Duplicate||Create a copy of the Document.|
Delete a Document. The Document will be removed from any Playlists or Layouts where it was previously used, and it will not be available in the portal for future use.
Delete multiple Documents. Select the Documents you want to delete and press the Bulk Delete button at the bottom of the listing.
Move to another Workspace
|You can move Documents to different Workspaces. Choose the Workspace of your choice and click Move.|
*This feature is only available in the Enterprise plan.
|Search||Search for a specific Document using the search tool.|
Adding a Document
To add a single document, you click on the "+ Add Document" button found at the bottom of the list. As a next step you are requested to provide:
- the Name of the document (if you want to change it from its original name)
- an optional Description for it
- any Tags for the uploaded document you want
the Play Since /Play Until parameters. In other words, you can set the expiration date which means that you can choose the exact date and time that PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint file will display in your playlist/show or you can set it to "Always" and "For Ever" and the Document file will never expire.
- Default page duration: the default duration of each slide/page is set to 10 seconds. However, you can change this for ALL pages included in the document.
- Page Exceptions: When you want specific slides/pages of the file to be skipped or have a different duration, use the "Set duration for a specific page" button and specify the number of the page, as well as the desired duration. In case you want to skip a page completely simply set its duration to "0".
Clicking "Save" will upload the Document file.
Adding Multiple Document files
To add multiple document files at once, click on the "+ Add Document" button. In the File Selection dialog box that shows up, keep the Ctrl button pressed and click to select as many PDF or other document files as you want and they will be automatically uploaded. To select multiple contiguous Document files, click on the first document file you want to add, press the Shift button on your keyboard and click on the last in the block of document files you want and all the documents in between will also be automatically uploaded.
Adding a Document with the Drag and Drop option
You have the option to add a Media by dragging the specific file or files from your PC directly to your Documents Library, therefore skipping a few steps and saving you some extra time.
The Drag and Drop option is also available in the Folder View.