In the "Documents" section you can upload and manage any Document files that you want to play on your Players.
Managing Document Files
In the "All Documents" section, you can see a list of the PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files currently uploaded into your Yodeck account. Information about your document files is organized in the following columns:
- the Name of the file
- the Timestamp (date and time) that the PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint file was uploaded
- a Preview (thumbnail) of the document file.
- an Actions column, with 3 buttons for making changes
In this list, you can:
Preview the Document file by clicking on the thumbnail (zoom icon) in the "Preview" column.
Duplicate the Document file, by creating a copy.
Change the details of a PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint file by clicking the blue "edit" button. Here, you can also substitute the actual document file, and it will be changed wherever it is used. Check out the "Adding a Document" section below for details on the fields.
Delete a single Document file. The document will be removed from any Playlists or Shows where it was previously used, and it will not be available in the Portal for future use.
Delete multiple Document files. Click on the documents you want and press the delete button of just one.
Search for specific a PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint file using the search tool.
Move to another Workspace. You can move Document files to different Workspaces. Choose the Workspace of your choice and click Move. This feature is only available in the Enterprise plan.
Adding a Document
To add a single document, you click on the "+ Add Document" button found at the bottom of the list. As a next step you are requested to provide:
- the Name of the document (if you want to change it from its original name)
- an optional Description for it
- any Tags for the uploaded document you want
the Play Since /Play Until parameters. In other words you can set the expiration date which means that you can choose the exact date and time that PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint file will display in your playlist/show or you can set it to "Always" and "For Ever" and the Document file will never expire.
- Default page duration: the default duration of each slide/page is set to 10 seconds. However, you can change this for ALL pages included in the document.
- Page Exceptions: When you want specific slides/pages of the file to be skipped or have a different duration, use the "Set duration for a specific page" button and specify the number of the page, as well as the desired duration. In case you want to skip a page completely simply set its duration to "0".
Clicking "Save" will upload the Document file.
Adding Multiple Document files
To add multiple document files at once, click on the "+ Add Document" button. In the File selection dialog box that shows up, keep the Ctrl button pressed and click to select as many PDF or other document files as you want and they will be automatically uploaded. To select multiple Document files that are contiguous, click on the first document file you want to add, press the Shift button on your keyboard and click on the last in the block of document files you want and all the documents in between will also be automatically uploaded.
REMEMBER: After making changes in your Account, you need to Push Changes to your Monitors