In manufacturing, your staff needs to receive critical information throughout the day, whether they’re on the factory floor or in the office. That’s not just to keep them safe, but to ensure they’re up to speed with productivity targets and team notices too.
But how can you make sure employees are getting the information they need? One crucial tool will be production line display boards.
Manufacturing display boards are a type of digital signage that you can use to deliver essential announcements, performance data, and other information to your staff across your facility. But why bother? Simply, because you’ll increase alignment, boost productivity, and improve staff morale at the same time.
In this article, we’ll show you what you can do with production line digital display boards and how they’ll improve your manufacturing performance. We’ll also introduce you to digital signage from Yodeck so you can discover just how easy it is to get started.
What are Production Line Display Boards?
Production line display boards are a form of signage designed to improve productivity and communication in manufacturing contexts.
Conventionally, most manufacturing signage has been managed manually. Health and safety signs have typically been physical, while important team notices have been scrawled on whiteboards or announced over a tannoy. Similarly, productivity targets and progress toward meeting them have needed to be adjusted daily to make sure they’re up to date.
In all this, there hasn’t been a lot of space for flexibility or for display boards that deliver up-to-the-minute production information. Luckily, technology has come a long way, but a lot of manufacturers are still not making the most of it.
Digital production line displays are the future. Rather than static, manually updated signage, digital display boards allow your staff to see real-time insights into productivity, safety conditions, and personnel changes. And that comes with a whole host of benefits.
Here are just some of what digital manufacturing signage can do.
What Can Digital Production Line Displays Do?
- Provide real-time performance information. In your factory, your manufacturing machines are likely working continuously. That means that yesterday’s production data is already long out of date. But link up your production monitoring software with a digital display and you’ll receive all your data in real time. This way, you can give factory staff live insights into overall equipment effectiveness and manufacturing productivity.
- Share malfunction or maintenance information. If your machines are low on a raw material, or there is a maintenance issue, staff need to be made aware quickly. Visually compelling digital signage can make this clear to everyone.
- Display crucial safety guidance, in a more visually engaging way. Every factory needs to comply with safety signage guidelines. But you can reinforce these messages on a digital screen. Use your screens as an additional way to inform staff of emergency situations.
- Spotlight and welcome new team members. Digital displays aren’t just for displaying critical information directly related to your production line. With digital signage from Yodeck, your signs can provide any information you need. For example, introduce new members of your team with a brief bio and photo.
- Share key company information. Need to tell employees about an upcoming inspection? Or invite them to take part in training? Your digital screen can share information about any part of your business.
There’s so much you can do with digital signage. In fact, the reality is that you can use your display boards to display whatever you want. You just need the right content management system.
At Yodeck, we provide exactly that. Below, we’ll show you how you can get started. But first, let’s consider some of the benefits.
What are the Benefits of Using Digital Signage on the Production Line?
Digital displays in the manufacturing process can help you boost productivity and efficiency while improving the experience of all of your employees.
- Improve company alignment, performance, and morale. Digital signage can provide all the information your employees need in real time. It can help you be sure that everyone is on the same page. What’s more, studies have shown that clear goals and performance metrics can improve motivation—even when live data shows that teams are missing targets.
- Save time on manual updates and clunky internal communications. Many manufacturers are wasting time by manually writing up productivity data. Often, manually inputted information is long out of date too by the time employees see it. By automating your KPI screens, you can give employees real-time information that you know you can trust—without having to do anything yourself.
- Drive safety awareness. According to one impressive study, digital signage can reduce the risk of injury at work by as much as 20%. In our own research, we found that using digital signage to display COVID information improves compliance by 28% too. If you want to improve safety in the workplace, production line display boards could be your answer.
- Save cash on physical signage and guidance. Every time regulations change, you need to update your physical signage to comply. On the other hand, with digital signage, all you need to do is update your screen. With Yodeck, you can do that centrally.
How to Create Your Own Production Line Displays
Ready to improve productivity and well-being while streamlining your internal processes? Get started with digital manufacturing signage with Yodeck.
It’s easy. With Yodeck, you’ll get your first screen completely free, so you can try out digital displays for yourself.
Here’s what you can do to make your digital displays as effective as they can be.
1. Firstly, check local signage regulations
Is there safety information you’re obliged to share with your employees on the shop floor? It’ll likely depend on your industry, what you’re producing, and where your factory is located.
For example, you may need safety signs of a particular size, shape, or color. Make sure you’re up to speed with what you need to do to comply. You can find all the details you need at ANSI, or the UK’s HSE.
At Yodeck, you can supplement your mandatory signage with added safety guidance on digital screens to drive the point home.
2. Use templates to make display design as easy as possible
When working in manufacturing, you likely have a lot of things you need to stay on top of. In fact, you may not have the time to be designing digital display board content from scratch.
That’s why at Yodeck we provide all the templates you need to get started. Whether it’s safety information you need or company announcements you want to show, our template library will give you the inspiration you need.
3. Integrate whichever KPIs you need
It’s really easy to provide your employees with exactly the data they need. Get productivity and machine analytics on screen in moments with our range of free widgets.
For example, import live information from your machinery through Tableau or Power BI and see it on your digital display in real time.
4. Add widgets for extra information
It’s not just performance data you can display on your digital signage. With our huge selection of free widgets, you can show employees whatever information they need.
Want to show them how their work fits into larger projects? Add an Asana or Trello widget to your video walls. Need to align your team with upcoming dates? Bring up the Google Calendar widget.
At Yodeck, we’re adding new widgets to our library all the time. If there’s something else you need that you can’t find, just get in touch.
Yodeck Makes Digital Production Displays Easy
At Yodeck, we make digital signage easy, on the factory floor, in the office, or wherever else you might need it.
- Get started with a screen completely free. Want to find out how Yodeck works? Or just need one screen? You’ll always get the first display for free, so you can try it out for yourself.
- Centrally manage as many display boards as you need. However many different screens you need to use, you can design, manage, schedule, and update all content from a single device. And you can do it all remotely.
- Display any media. Whether it’s KPI dashboards, presentations, or video, you can display any type of media you like.