Digital signage for offices improves internal communications and employee motivation and lowers costs while increasing productivity. Yes, it may come as a surprise but you can do all of these things with digital signage. More to the point, you can do it with Yodeck.
More than just a useful tool
Let’s face it, we could all use a little help in working smarter. On top of that, if we combine this with something that brightens up our work environment a little, and motivates us, then surely we’re on to a winner. A beautiful video wall in the lobby or restaurant area anyone?
And that’s exactly what I am talking about. Digital signage in offices is no longer just a useful tool for meeting room management. Which, by the way, can alone actually save millions of dollars as well as boost productivity. But with the right platform, you can provide your teams (both small and large) with instant feedback and real-time updates. As well as give them a place to connect on a personal level through digital signage for corporate communications.
Digital signage in the workplace
Unless your office is buried under a rock, you’ll probably be aware of the digital signage infiltration in workplaces. Engaging digital signage used in industries like retail and food and beverage is increasingly finding its way into offices around the world of all shapes and sizes.
The reason is simple. It’s more effective in terms of engagement and costs if you compare it to analog signage. Goodbye printed posters, leaflets and other expensive marketing materials. Communication can also be easier by using screens in various locations around the office. As for motivation, the need for more instant and regular feedback for the Millennial generation is an aspect where digital signage comes into its own. Oh yes, and when it’s done right, workplace digital signage looks pretty damn good.
Where can I use digital signage in my office?
There are many use case scenarios for digital signage in and around offices. What’s even better is that all types of businesses can benefit from the added value it offers. Let’s have a look at some of the key use cases:
- Social Media Walls – build a digital signage video wall or use a large screen to show live, automatically-filtered streams of posts on any social media platform with the company hashtag. The stream could be filled with employees’ birthdays, photos from team events, and celebrations of milestones.
- Photo slideshows – used to share fun photos of employees, preview upcoming features of products/services with short videos and recognize contest winners.
- Reception area hospitality – use a video wall or single screen to impress visitors with company video/photo material. Also, display vital information such as news, time and date, weather, etc.
- Meeting room management – use small displays for meeting room digital signage to display times when rooms are not available. This will help you avoid unwanted interruptions.
- Digital menu boards – brighten up the staff restaurant or common space. Change and update menus with a simple click. Create and display seasonal and promotional offers and even show branded content from local partners.
- Data dashboards – use screens in meeting rooms and common spaces to show business KPIs. Promote success and motivation for employees with leaderboards for sales and marketing performance.
New use cases are cropping up all the time, so this is by no means a comprehensive list. There are more on our office digital signage page. If you have any further ones to add that are not included, don’t hesitate to drop us a line to tell us about them.
Key benefits of digital signage in offices and enterprises*:
- It gets attention – 59% of people who see digital signage want to learn more about the topic shown/advertised.
- Workplace safety – digital signage for safety communications reduces workplace injury by 20% and generates a return of 1-6 USD for every 1 USD invested.
- Employee engagement – Enhances employee engagement, which in turn improves productivity by 20 – 25%.
- Cost-saving – A multinational firm saved 500m USD (yes, that much) by simply using digital signage to manage meeting spaces.
*Source: digital signage today research report
Just as there are many more office usage scenarios for digital signage, there are also a lot more soft and hard benefits. We try to capture the main points. If I had to choose one as a top priority, however, it would be employee engagement.
Engage your employees
So, like it or not, we live in a world where our attention is drawn to screens. But through digital signage, we can harness this so-called “bad habit” in a positive way. The results speak for themselves. Today’s employees want transparency of company vision and strategy, plus regular feedback and recognition. Gone are the days of the sixth-month or annual appraisal.
A recent study by Harvard Business Review found that 70 percent of employees are most engaged when they are consistently up to date with company strategy. Additionally, 72 percent ranked recognition given for high performers as having a significant impact on employee engagement.
And this is where digital signage can add significant value and make a real impact. Businesses are continuously looking for ways to boost productivity. Usually through automation and technology. But more often than not they miss the one staring them in the face. Their employees.
So go ahead, go forth and engage!