Whatever your denomination, church is a place where people go to feel a sense of community, share their values, and be inspired. And if you’re looking for a way to help your congregation feel connected, digital signage for churches can help.
Church digital signage is a type of technology-powered display that allows you to share whatever content you need with your church community. Whether it’s worship lyrics, Bible verses, great causes from your local area, or upcoming events, digital signs can be a great way to spark interest and build engagement—and bring everyone together.
In this guide, you’ll discover how you can reap the benefits of digital signage with Yodeck. And we’ll give you some ideas about how you can put it to use.
Why churches should use digital displays
Digital signage is a great way for churches to share important information, inspire their audiences, and encourage people to engage with the church community in different ways throughout the week. There’s a good reason churches and other religious institutions around the world are increasingly turning to this technology.
So, how would digital screens help you and your community? Consider some of the ways that churches have benefited:
- Video walls can help inspire your community. Churchgoers are looking for community and encouragement, and your digital displays can help you offer exactly that. A digital signage video wall will make it easier to add visual elements to your teaching or worship, which can help people to reflect on your key messages.
- They can help you grow your congregation. Modern displays can help to spread the word about the different ministries within your church and encourage members of your congregation to invite their friends and family. What’s more, by hosting social media handles and calls to action, your digital screens can serve as a social media wall that will enable you to build an online community too.
- Welcome visitors and new members. Screens can help visitors to feel at home in your church. Before the service, you can show the order of service so they know what to expect. During a time of prayer or liturgy, you can display the words so that everyone can join in. And afterward, you can direct the whole congregation toward the tea and coffee so that you can get to know each other better.
- You can increase your donations. By showing the impact that the donations in your collection plate are making, you can increase the chance that people will give more.
- Digital signage can help you raise awareness of local events and causes. The same goes for your church events. Increase awareness, drive participation, encourage people to volunteer, and highlight the impact you’re having all by advertising your events on your screen.
There are so many benefits of using digital signage in your church. And luckily, there are many different options too. Whether you’re interested in a single LED church video wall or a range of smaller screens, at Yodeck we can help you make it a reality. Book a demo now or read on to discover how you can put your digital signage to use.
How to use digital signage to engage your church congregation
So what do you need to know to get started with digital signage with Yodeck? Here, we’ll talk you through it.
Don’t worry, though—it’s all super easy. You can be up and running in three steps before getting creative with your own church signage designs. If you need to train volunteers to use the technology, they’ll pick it up really quickly.
3 steps to get started with Yodeck
To get started with digital signage, you’ll need to follow three simple steps:
- Kick-off by setting up a Yodeck account. All you need is your name and email address (no payment details required) and you’ll have all of Yodeck’s features to explore. Play around with preset templates, check out our library of apps, and get to know our content management system—all completely free.
- Get a Yodeck media player from us. When you’re ready to display your content, you’ll need a Raspberry Pi media player from us. This allows you to connect your media to whichever screen you like. It’s ready to use straight out of the box.
- Plug in your screen. Besides being unbeatably easy, the beauty of Yodeck is that you can use any screen to show your digital content. All you have to do is plug it in to your Yodeck media player (and we even supply the cable!).
That’s it—we told you it was simple. Now you’re ready to inspire your congregation with whatever content you decide. With our content management system, you have complete control over everything that appears on your screen.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
5 ideas to inspire your congregation with digital signage
Whether you want to encourage participation in your service or show the good work you’re doing in your local community, it’s all possible with Yodeck’s digital signage.
Try out these exciting ideas today.
1. Promote participation with quotations, worship lyrics, and visual prompts
Whatever the theme of today’s service, some visual support can help to drive home the message. Images, for example, can help to explain more about the teachings in the sermon, while highlighting central Bible passages on-screen can help your audience to think about the words more deeply and reflect on them even after the service is over.
When it’s time for the congregation to sing, join in prayer, or take communion together, showing the words on a digital screen can help everyone to join in.
2. Share important notices, events, and announcements
How do you share key information with your community right now?
A way to boost participation in your church events and initiatives is to highlight what you have planned on the big screen. With a monthly calendar app, you can also show all your upcoming events together. Or, share a QR code so that attendees can easily sign up for your newsletter.
Our research has found that over half of people that see information on digital screens want to know more about what’s shown. And that’s not just about events. If you have an important message to share or announcement to make, a digital display can be a great place to make it known.
3. Show your congregation the impact of their donations
If your church takes donations through online banking as well as a Sunday collection, you can remind people to give by showing all the details on your digital screens. The easier you make it for them, the more likely they are to donate.
But people also want to see the impact their donations can have before they commit. Use your digital displays to show them exactly this, with engaging visuals. Saying thanks to those who have given in the past is also a good touch.
4. Use signage to support other events
Chances are, your church isn’t just used for Sunday services. If you host weddings, christenings, and other events, it can be helpful to give practical guidance to people who wouldn’t usually come to your church.
For example, use your screens for wayfinding digital signage to show people to their seats or to the restrooms or to share other helpful information.
5. Encourage engagement beyond the church’s physical walls
Don’t limit your church community to the physical space of the building.
Instead, increase your reach by encouraging sign-ups and engagement on social media. All it takes is for you to share your social media handles or a way to find a Facebook group.
You can even use your digital screen to share what users are saying on your social feed. It’s a great way to make people feel welcome, continue valuable conversations, and to help people to stay connected during the week.
Put Digital Signage to use in Your Church with Yodeck
At Yodeck, we’re committed to making digital signage unbeatably easy for everyone. And it’s affordable too. All our features and the initial screen are free to use.
- Scale to as many screens as you like. For some clients, we’re handling thousands of screens. Others just need one or two. Whatever you need, you can manage everything from our dashboard.
- Have full creative control over your content. We provide templates and apps to get you started. But if you prefer to build visuals from scratch or stream content directly from online, you can do that too.
- Get started for free. Explore all our features with no commitment. You don’t even have to enter your card details.