School’s back in session and here at Yodeck we’re aiming for a perfect 4.0 GPA this year. And we’re starting off on the right foot, if we do say so ourselves.
Why? Because with this software update we present to you the long-awaited, much-anticipated Show Preview. So go ahead and get your shows on the road (literally!). Plus, we’ve got a major upgrade in the works.
Streamline your work with our super simple Show Preview
Yodeckers, this feature was way overdue. You guys needed it. And it’ll make your work easier. Now all you’ve got to do is create your show like you’ve always done and you’ll instantly see what your show will look like before it’s up on your screens. What’s even better is that the feature preserves any styling and customization like font and color choices you applied to tickers and other Apps and reflects it on sample text.
We also gave the Show Editor itself some extra TLC. If you change your mind about the media file or content you chose, you no longer have to delete it and start over. Just replace what you don’t want with another Media, Playlist or App and voilà! Your show design stays intact and you can make as many changes you need. Also, you can edit and preview your shows in full screen.
Raspberry Pi 4 News
The Raspberry Pi4 now supports 4K output resolution with our latest beta SD card image! However, 4K Video support is still pending, as we await software support to arrive from the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Major Upgrade Coming in October
With the release of the RPi4, we have created a new version of our Player SD card image using the latest Linux OS. We’ll migrate all Players to this OS version by installing the latest SD card image.
But fear not! We’ll do this remotely so you won’t go through any hassle. And our tech support team will be here to help you out in case something goes wrong. What’s great is that this will not force your Players to re-download the content, so downtime will be minimized down to about 10 minutes.
The upgrade is totally worth it, as it will allow us to build new exciting features. And don’t worry, we’ll let you know exactly when it will happen, so you can plan accordingly.
- Yodeck has a brand new Show Preview feature, along with a revamped Show Editor. See what your show will look like before it’s on your screens. The Preview feature preserves any styling and customization you applied to tickers and other Apps and reflects it on sample text. In addition, users now have the option to replace content added to a Show with a different type (Media, Playlist or App), instead of deleting the content and messing up the Show design. Also, you can edit and preview your shows in full screen.
- Raspberry Pi4 now supports 4K output resolution with our latest beta SD card image. Find out more here. 4K Video support is still pending, as we await software support to arrive from the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
- SAML Yodeck Endpoints are now prefilled when you enable the SAML feature.
- We added a link to the Custom App Developer’s Guide in the Custom App section to make it easy for users to get all the info they need.
- The displayed value of the Wi-Fi signal strength in the status report of the device has been corrected to dBm.
- When you type a URL in the Instagram app and click Save, “https://” now comes prefilled.
- Kosovo now appears in the list of countries when you fill in your billing and shipping information.
- If a user tries to save the Twitter app without first logging in to their Twitter account, an error message appears to warn the user that the app can’t be saved.
- The remote support password of the Player now supports UTF-8 characters.